jeudi 15 décembre 2011

What's Wrong (or Right) with Dean 441 ?


What's Wrong
(or Right)
with Dean 441 ?


     Hi, I'm Corinne, owner of the Dean 441 55
    built and launched in Cap Town, South Africa, on 10 February 2009.
    I still leave aboard actually in Nosy Be, Madagascar.

    I felt in love with this boat at the first time I visited it.
    It's a really nice and confortable boat, like a home,
    with everything, even washmachine & dryer !
    Really like a home.

    But the boat is more heavy than it was expected by the builder himself :
    about 16 T at all.

    So you can imagine how slow it is,
    I never sailed more than 10 knots speed.
    So I'm very surprise to hear people talk about 26 knots !!!

    The draft is also 1.70m as it should be 1.10m.
    It's really bad especially for a catamaran expecting to approach the coasts.
    In tropics areas there are a lot of reefs around the coasts,
    and shallow waters.

    But the more important thing to know
    is that Dean Catamarans missed the Dean 441 boat.

    They tried new materials in building, and they did mistakes. 

    Peter Dean Jr himself said 18 Dean 441 can have structural problems,
    from 441 44 to 441 61.
    Only 6 Dean 441 for now have structural problems or are broken,
    some unseaworthsly !
    But all the other boats from number 44 to number 61 can have also problems later.
    So everybody has to be very carefull.

    The owner of the broken Dean 441 in Grenada
    is "Afrodite" to Luc Malejac, from Brittany, France.
    I know him personaly and he is a very nice man, very correct.
    He's a very good sailor like most of the Brittany people,
    as especially he spent all his life at sea for his job.
    Believe me,
    he still would like to be on his boat right now to enjoy oceans and sailing,
    like he is retired now.
    But the boat was declared by 2 surveyors unseaworthsly !
    So that's why he came back in France.
    It's very sad !

    So if you want some more informations,
    let's go to my web site
   
http://www.aloha125.com
    or my blog
   
http://aloha125.blogspot.com
    But my insurance Groupama Transport
    ( the company is right now in financial difficulties,
    but it's not my fault )
    I didn't success to carry out a good negociation,
    as Peter Dean doesn't want to cooperate.

    So we maybe have to go to Court soon ...
    But it can be very long,
    as especially it's in a foreign country (South Africa) with english laws.

    Personnaly, I'm right now in danger on my boat.
    But I don't want to let it down,
    and leave or abandon the catamaran where I live,
    as it's first my dream, and second also a lot of money.

    And my insurance will also try too  reproach to me not to take care of it.

    Because nobody wants to take in charge the big and very expensive damages,
    either Peter Dean, either Groupama Transport !

    SHAME !


Aucun commentaire: